Crowns & Bridges
Using dental technology and materials like gold, porcelain, zirconia, empress, PFM, or maryland, we construct modern bridges and crowns. We work with patients to tailor the best solution for them and their treatment objectives.
Do you have a broken tooth? Or maybe you have a tooth that is discolored? No worries, we can fix that for you! We even have the technology in our office to make and insert crowns on the same day!
Crowns can be used to replace composite buildup (discoloured) or damaged teeth. They are most often fixed prosthetic devices (and are not removable like dentures). Considering crowns and bridges are permanently cemented into place, they are more preferred by the general population wherever possible. They can only be removed by a dentist.
See crowns and bridges in action and learn more about them (Case Studies):
- Replace Composite Buildups with Porcelain Crowns
- Crowning Dark Teeth After Trauma and Root Canal
- When Does My Tooth Need a Crown?
- The Importance of Crowning Teeth
- Implant Crown Placed On 35 Site
- Implant Healing Cap 2 Week Followup
- Front Tooth Broken To Gum Line; Restore With Crown
- Replacing Metal Crown With Non-metal Crown
Crowns (referred to as “caps”) are used to:
- Replace major portions of teeth that cannot be repaired
- Protect damaged teeth from fracturing
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discoloured or misshaped tooth
- Cover and protect a tooth that has had a root canal treatment
Bridges are used to:
- Replace missing teeth
- Span the space of a missing tooth
- Are cemented to neighbouring teeth and anchored