Pros and Cons to Tooth Whitening
In the past few years, the science and art of dental sciences has been revolutionized. Cosmetic dentistry has progressed a great deal and newer techniques and armamentarium have been developed for teeth whitening. Cosmetic dentistry has evolved to provide us with lively, youthful and brighter smile whenever we want it. Professional teeth whitening procedures have changed the lives of people all around the globe. People who were afraid of smiling in public places are now celebrities posing for camera all day.
Teeth whitening procedures have a large number of benefits but there are also a few limitations and drawbacks observed with them as well. The major advantages are,
- Professional teeth whitening brightens your teeth in real quick period of time and gives you a prettier, lively and confident smile,
- Professional teeth whitening procedures are more precise due to the application by an expert dental professional in a dental office,
- It helps in enhancing your self-esteem and makes you more energetic to work,
- When teeth have a more lively and youthful appearance, it distracts the other person from noticing the wrinkles of skin of the face. Thus it masks your age as well,
Apart from so many advantages, teeth whitening procedures have a few limitations as well,
- The major drawback with the teeth whitening procedures is that they make your teeth sensitive. For most people this is temporary,
- Sore gums can result from the bleaching agent used to whiten the teeth,
- Another drawback with bleaching of teeth is relapse or rebound of the treatment effects with the passage of time.
At Summerlea Dental we recommend take home whitening trays vs in office whitening. We have found that the in-office procedure leads to more discomfort and sensitivity and almost all patients still needed to whiten at home to get the results they desired. Click here for more information about our whitening product.
Dr. Jomha recently had the opportunity to travel to Carlsbad, California to train at the ZimVie Institute. As a practitioner who places implants, he was eager to learn advanced techniques in order to provide the best possible care for his patients. During the course, Dr. Jomha and his colleagues learned how to place and restore…
BOOK YOUR SPOT. LIMITED AVAILABILITY Your journey to a straighter smile starts now. Join us at Summerlea Dental on Friday, September 17, 2021, for ClearCorrect Day. Our team will be offering complimentary ClearCorrect consultations, scans, snacks, and refreshments all day long. Book Your Complimentary Consult – Save your spot: mobilebooking.summerleadental.com Learn More about how ClearCorrect…