The Pros and Cons of Home Whitening Kits
Home whitening kits have become increasingly popular among individuals that want to get a dazzling smile, however, before investing in a home whitening kit it is important to weigh up the pros and cons.
- One of the major benefits of buying a home whitening kit is the affordability as prices start from as little as $19.
- Using an at home whitening kit is also useful for people that lead a busy lifestyle and find it difficult to fit in regular appointments at the dentist, although the kits should not be used as an alternative to going to regular dental hygiene sessions with your dentist.
- Another advantage of using a home whitening kit is they are easy to obtain. They can easily be picked up in stores or pharmacists, or ordered online and delivered to your door for your convenience.
- In addition, the kits are ideal for patients that like their privacy, and who would prefer to have their dental whitening done at home as opposed to the dental surgery, however, people should still discuss their plans with their dentist first.
- Some people experience a reaction after using a home whitening kit, and for this reason it is recommended that consumers limit their use and speak to a dentist if they have concerns.
- Home whitening kits might also cause problems for people that suffer from sensitivity. If you suffer from sensitive teeth, talk to a dentist first and ask for their opinion on whether or not a kit will be suitable for you. You also need to be aware that some kits can also cause the teeth to be sensitive for a few days after use.
- Teeth whitening is not suitable for everybody. If you have false teeth, crowns or caps, then they will not work as they only act on natural teeth.
So, Your Dentist Says You Need a Crown First off — DON’T PANIC! Your dentist isn’t trying to ply more money out of your pocket, he/she is legitimately trying to protect your teeth to ensure you have long lasting, structurally sound chompers. But what ARE crowns, and why do you need one? …
Teeth in Bizarre Places The human body is a miraculous collection of tissue, molecules and cells – we develop and grow with very little outside influence. Our DNA and tissue seemingly know what do in order to create the human form…BUT what happens when something goes a bit awry? What happens when instead of comparing…